Hello ^^

Welcome to my blog.

Pretty much what you will find here are things that I take an interest in such as Religion, Tech, Japanese and other stuff :D

Enjoy your stay. :)

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

What a past couple of days it has been!

I meant to blog yesterday about my assessment day but didn't get a chance to do so!

So!! here we go!


Saturday: The day was good! Church was great and Pastor preached on Matthew 8:5-13; In the evening, the ladies went out and I went to Kish's house (A friend from church) and we hung out with his mom (she is funny!)

Sunday: All I did was prepare for the assessment day the next day; i spent the day making a chart of all the experiences and questions I had prepared and that the RED award sign off gave me. I went over the presentation and everything else, and I felt ready! went to sleep early..

Monday: What a day! I woke up early and Boo gave me a lift to the station; the journey was long - 1 hour and 20 mins in total. I had to make 4 changes. Slough - Windsor - Windsor Riverside - Staines - Weybridge - Hersham. Then after that, a 15 min walk to the company. It was long for sure! I arrived first and it was a smaller group of people than I thought (only 5 of us). One of them was very chatty and kept letting off the fact he was so nervous and so on; another one was also chatty and it felt as if he was surprised we was getting free stuff. (we got a small notebook filled with sticky notes and tabs, a memory stick, a pen, a coffee mug and something else i forgot).

So we started with some presentations from the assessors and then I was first to do my presentation; i felt ready to do it, and I think it went well! (In my presentation, in the end, I gave a small Japanese lesson! I also played music to set a good atmosphere.) What I forgot to mention was that the place was tightly locked up; so you couldn't get places without a pass.

After everyone did theirs, we had lunch ( I didnt get to eat much cos i was talking so much with the assessors, just trying to network and stuff). Then we had interviews; I had 2 people and it was very easy (I say that because I got to prepare the night before). Then we had the group exercise; it was to build a structure using &^%& (I'm not allowed to say in case anyone wants to apply for the company- although I didn't mention what the company was in the beginning! Haha). Either way, we managed to get it 100% correct!

Then we were able to leave and I will find out the results by the 20th. Walking back to the station, I wanted to find out about HP; I got told via their HP Careers they left me a voicemail last week, but i never got anything! (Plus, I thought, if i failed, they wouldnt of bothered phoning me to tell me that). So I am relying on God to sort that out. I got back home in the end and I was so tired!

We had dinner and gamed and went to sleep.

Today: Woke up early again and headed to Uni; Data Mining was good - found out there was no Law and Management, so that freed up my time. Afterward, did some small work for my project (logbook entry) and ate and spoke to a friend. Then I had the weekly meeting for Computing Networking, which went well and then I went back to Slough and hit the gym. It was good and i went intense.

Around this time, I messaged Virgin Media, asking about the telephone interview, and they told me i could have it tonight! I nearly went :O (but the day before prepped me for it!) So I got myself ready; wasnt sure what to expect really!

(on another note, on Friday, Vodafone came back and told me that they re-instated my application! how often does that happen!?) So I got their tests to do by Thursday I think.

Boo came and got me from the gym and We had fish and chips, which was good :) Then the interview started and i wasnt even home! They called me and Boo was joking about how she would make noises in the background (she didnt though so that was good)


I didnt expect the interview to be so short ( and in fact, quite informal!) it was only a couple of q's and that was it. I really enjoyed it (I like these sort of scenarios for some reason!). Anyway, I will find out on Friday if I get to go to the assessment center next Thursday in Birmingham! Never even been there before haha.

So now, im chilling listening to music and need to make a small to do list for tonight.

What a great couple of days! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts anyone? =]