Hello ^^

Welcome to my blog.

Pretty much what you will find here are things that I take an interest in such as Religion, Tech, Japanese and other stuff :D

Enjoy your stay. :)

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Goals and a New Job!

So I was going to write this originally the other day, as I was travelling home from work, but the internet connection was a bit choppy, so I didn't do it. Now that I got some time, I wanted to get my thoughts down that has been happening since the last post and also update on what's been happening!

Recently, I have been thinking about a lot about personal finance and investing, as well as what the Bible says about both of those things - quite a bit actually! Which got me to thinking about budgeting, house savings, and maturing in life (I am actually getting maturer - that is funny to even imagine that!) And so when I put some time down for reading up on investing and getting to it, it will be exciting I am sure.

Pen testing has taken a back seat at the moment; well has been for a little while, since I focused on other things like job hunting; now that the job hunt is over, I can take it back up where I left off. As for the job hunt, I accepted Kemp's offer over Bluefort's and it was scary at first - as i said no to one that I already started getting to know, but Kemp is going to be better for me financially (a lot more so than BF) and the opportunities down the line. One thing I have learned is setting expectations of what I think is exciting and what actually needs to be done - so to that end, I have set goals for myself, and will add and modify as time goes on.

I have taken some advice from a good friend of mine at work, who advised on me certain things to do, such as:

  1. Put money away into retirement - something I read about, and now I will do in my next job once I get a budget spreadsheet up and lock down my spending. 
  2. Make sure to keep skilling up - knew this already but good to hear from someone else. 
Since this role will be based from Home, Naomi has already got plans for me to be the house-husband once again, and I am ok with it now - I have to step up and this is a good chance for that to happen - i also have to revitalize going to the gym and setting a routine up as well. So all of that is exciting for me. Working at home isn't for everyone, and I understand that; I like it, so I will see how it goes and keep the people that I built friendships with at CDW going. 

Today, I am going to go and look at some used cars for Kemp - I sort of have a figure in my head of how much i want to spend monthly, seeing as that I know how much it was to spend travelling to London daily. Getting a routine sorted will be the first challenge for me - but I know once I have that, everything will fall into place, as long as I follow the plans I will make for myself. 

I am also looking forward to being a parent - after being at the Snagg's and holding their little baby girl and just watching her, I felt more inclined to be a parent. It feels like the next step and it feels nice. 

So back to my goals - what are they for the next 3 years?
  1. Straight white teeth - this I have already started by going to a free consultation and i will compare it to another one I am going to on Tuesday - i don't care about the cost or how long it will take; I just want it. 
  2. To have a house deposit by end of September next year - this one will change because it was set on us living here based on the figures I have already - it will grow quicker when I put in some new numbers and when we live at the MIL's for a year or so.
  3. To become more godly - this one is a daily one - taking time to study and pray - i will want to do that a lot more with this new role as i reflected on my current one. 
  4. To have a decent net worth - need to find out my current one first - as to grow it; there are many ways, and I just did one of them, which is to change jobs to increase net salary.
  5. to get lean and ripped - follows on from the routine I want to set as said above. 
  6. to become an SME in the role to come- to that end, since I accepted Kemp's offer, i have learned a lot about load balancing as well as business basics. 
  7. to become fluent in Japanese - this means I need to ramp up my learning and speaking now more often - so hellolingo will become more used in time. 

So yea, that is it for now - I am going to also be posting more posts, to make sure my thoughts don't get lost in my mind!

One more thing - we are planning on going back to Japan next year (when the flights are cheapest) and can't wait! ^^. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts anyone? =]