Hello ^^

Welcome to my blog.

Pretty much what you will find here are things that I take an interest in such as Religion, Tech, Japanese and other stuff :D

Enjoy your stay. :)

Sunday, June 17, 2012

This is why i should blog on the day big things happen and not afterwards :P

I was supposed to put this up on Friday about SolidWorks and How i finished it :p but i forgot to do so i will now :D

and then i will move on to what i wanted to talk about today :)

As I was walking into the Building I came across a duck just laying there, being all cool like :)


Right:
So the object of the day was to build something called a GrimbleBot, which is basically a robot that centers itself using infrared light so it is always standing up right. Its really cool :D

We didn't have to make all of it most of the parts were already in the library of the program, we just had to make the wheels, axle and the mother board :)

so lets see how it was done :D

First off I had to look at engineering drawings; now because i didnt totally finish the first solidworks experiment, I didnt know how to use it and draw from it but here it is :D (I'll try to explain it the best i can)
 
 it Looks complicated doesnt it? :)
This wheel wasn't that hard to make. All i had to was  make one side and then  extrude and revolve around the horizontal plane :) to make the wheel :)
 So anyway, after using this I ended up making the wheel as seen below :)
Afterwards I made the bolts for the wheel but before that I had to make the triangle using circles and then other stuff  with Solidworks; it is a really awesome program :) 

here's the wheel that was already made so i can see what it looked like :)  was so nice to look at :)  







































So after I did that, I had to make the axle which involved me making a line getting the dimensions right then extruding and revolving around a fixed point, much like the wheel :)

the 2 holes were made simply by making one and then mirroring it with equal spacing; so easy to do yet professional looking :)
After this, onto the Motherboard: 

The holes were made pretty much the same way that the others were made before. 
 Next the wheels put on as well as the axle using the Assembly part of the program. :)












Then the battery cover and the batteries themselves ( it even has the Duracell logo) 

Now with the  pcb attached (you can see it sticking through below the battery)

And finally its all done with the extra limbs in the back attached and in different views! :) Took 2 hours and worth every minute! :D


Now for today :)


While watching the Great British Railway, (if you didn't know, I am a avid lover of train since I was 2 :)) I thought once again about travelling via train just for the experience ! :D So Naomi was asking me where I would like to go and I found a site that shows you all the railways in the country and I am now looking at them :D


Woop :D 


She is so good to me, wanting to do stuff that I love with a passion (God is too good to me :') ) 


So i thought of putting up pictures of different trains as well :D



Hopefully soon I can go to one of these railways and take loads of pictures with my Boo :') Cant Wait :D



1 comment:

  1. I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete

thoughts anyone? =]