Hello ^^

Welcome to my blog.

Pretty much what you will find here are things that I take an interest in such as Religion, Tech, Japanese and other stuff :D

Enjoy your stay. :)

Thursday, August 30, 2012

What a devotion this morning!

So the topic today was the Legacy of Peace that Jesus leaves us.
And so we started. And one paragraph is what i want to talk about, because it was from there i was supremely blessed and also was able to see my defects and what the Spirit was saying to me in various ways.

"  It is the love of self that destroys our peace. While self is alive we stand ready continually to guard it from mortification and insult; but when self is dead, and our life hid with Christ in God, we shall not take neglects or slights to heart. . . ." {HP 249.5}
It was through this that I realized something i needed to change; I take things to heart. There have been times when i said "i get it from my mom" or i just excused it altogether. But now it came to me forecefully that it is because of love of self. To protect me from injury; and to that, is to forfeit what God wants to give me. So as foreign as it may be to me, I have to give that up and leave it forever, in order to be more like Jesus in the sense of having His peace.

So after that, Boo and I spoke about how to handle what she calls "strop resolution"- not conflict but strop. Because both of us dont like conflict, that doesnt mean it wont happen. She also revealed to me that if I dont the job i am to do( that is to lead us) she would, and i would then be emasculated. Which is something I dont want. (in my head, i thought of broken down marriages and men and over dominating women, which aint in the order of God). Therefore one thing i have to pray for and put into action Via faith is to be assertive with Boo and to take control of when she gets into strops. Because to be honest, I run away from those things rather than deal with it, and i realize that it is very annoying for me, much less for her. She also said that she doesnt want to be the domineering one and that it is supposed to be the man's duty to lead so get on with it! :L (basically her words). She also says she finds it attractive, because she is just to doing it herself (independent woman story insert here) and she wants to be reigned in, but not abused, which Through Jesus i wont do :D

What I also saw that my inability to handle her strops spills into other areas of us and my own life. So change is just required. as she said, she is a tough chick, so i dont need to be afraid that i would offend her. She isnt like me in that respect. Which for me, i admire, as im gentle like that, and she isnt. So we would learn from each other :)

So it will be work, but a pleasant and overcoming work. i will know when i am improving and it is truly exciting to know i have the power to change things for the better!

And so i thought about it and thought "others need to know about this" hence why i wrote this today. as well as a archive for myself, a lesson to others..

Men, if in a relationship or seeking one, make sure you are assertive but not arrogant and demanding. Learn of one and neglect the other if that how you are. always seek Christ for help for everything.

So what a morning start for me :) God blesses even in the most unusual of ways. We spoke about other things, but that was what i wanted to say :)

and also that I love my Boo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts anyone? =]